Welcome to the Crossroads of the Mid-Atlantic
Washington County, Maryland offers you one of the most dynamic and ideal business locations in the Eastern United States:
- Perfectly located at a strategic crossroads of major interstates, rail lines, and airways — close to a major international port, and just an hour from Washington, D.C./Baltimore metro areas
- A highly-educated workforce and one of the nation’s top school systems
- An outstanding and affordable quality of life with beautiful scenery, rich history, and vibrant culture
- Home to Flight Gigabit allowing 1 Gbps upload and download speeds
If you're a site consultant or considering expansion or relocation opportunities for your firm, you’ll find a wide range of site selection resources to help you evaluate Washington County as a location for your business. You’ll also find information on the excellent incentives and assistance we offer to new businesses. From available buildings and sites to demographics and economic data, this site is designed to meet your business expansion and site selection needs.
- National Geographic Traveler - The Best Cities in the U.S.
- 11 reasons to bring your business to Washington County
- 5 things investors should know about our workforce
- 2017 Economic Development Update Video
- Why you should live, work and play in Washington County Video
- Barbara Ingram School for the Arts ranked #9 Best High School in Maryland